Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Credit Unions

Evergreen Credit Union

Here’s a picture of the sign for Evergreen Credit Union in South Casco, Maine:

Evergreen Credit Union

As you can see, they are promoting free checking and free bill payer.

Some Local (New England) Banking News

Salem Five has launched a new wireless banking service, so that you can access your account information from cell phones and handheld devices. While this sounds convenient, I believe they could offer more convenience by doing away with the added security on their online banking login screens, and simply using a username and password field.

As a former member of the South Shore Chamber of Commerce, the Telephone Worker’s Credit Union sent a letter to me stating that they have opened up membership to a wider group of people. While I find credit unions to be an important community builder, I don’t belong to any myself.

More Information:

No comments:

Post a Comment