Tuesday, March 31, 2009

PayPal

PayPal Dividend Issues

Several months ago there was a significant delay in PayPal sending out dividend payments, and its happened again. This time however, several people are reporting that they have received a dividend payment, but its been incredibly small.

To follow-up on the threads, check out the original post here:

PayPal Dividend Issues

UPDATE: PayPal recently emailed me with this notice:

We’re contacting you in regards to your January Money Market dividend payment. Due to a technical problem we experienced, you may not have received your January dividend payment, or you may have only received a partial payment.

We’ve processed a credit to your PayPal account which includes the balance of your dividend payment.

We apologize for any confusion this issue may have caused, and we appreciate your business.

Thank you,

PayPal Operations


Bank of America SafePass Wednesday, November 21st, 2007

I just logged into Bank of America’s website and in the process I noticed that they are promoting a new feature: SafePass. If this is anything like Chase’s authentication code which is emailed or sent via SMS, it would be very unfortunate.

Email and SMS are insecure, and only add a layer of inconvenience to the login process, in my opinion. The only thing similar that actually adds some security is the service offered by PayPal, which is really a service offered by RSA, a company which in my opinion actually understands how security works.

I hope Bank of America offers this “feature” as an option, not as a common element to their web services. If I recall correctly, the service for PayPal is optional, and you have to pay $5 for the unit, which is more than a fair price for what you get.

New PayPal Logo

PayPal has launched a new logo, and are working on a new look for their website. The new logo isn’t so different from the old one, but I think I like it better. It’s simpler.

PayPal Logo

What do you think?

Obviously, PayPal is a registered trademark of PayPal / eBay.

ING Direct Savings Account for Small Business

ING Direct sent me some direct promotional mail this week announcing their newest product: an online high-yield savings account for small businesses. They are offering approximately 5% APY, but to me this product is second rate compared to the products offered by Advanta Bank Corp., unless you need an online service (Advanta doesn’t offer online banking for small businesses).

I use PayPal for transferring money to my different online accounts, and I bet the new ING Direct small business accounts can do the same thing. The nice thing about PayPal is that they do offer competitive interest and they also offer online payment services.

PayPal Problems Friday,

PayPal Problems

I’m having trouble accessing my PayPal account. Anyone else having this problem? Afraid my network might have been hack and someone was redirecting the PayPal domain name server, I logged into a remote site to ping paypal.com and received the same IP address. Hmmm. Wonder what the problem is.

UPDATE: Now at 4PM, their site is accessible again. Whoops, I spoke too soon:

20070601-paypal-down2.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment